Specialist Work Assignment:
Genesis and Apologetics Resource Book Preparation
The church requires a specialist theologian to prepare an apologetics study book for the congregation, leadership and staff to meet a specific need. The preparation of the study book, which may also include other helpful resources e.g. videos and study notes, would specifically focus on the Genesis text with special reference to general revelation, New Testament and apologetics. The book would be used by individuals in the congregation as a resource to grow in their understanding of the Christian faith.
To be particularly relevant for the interests and needs of the Australian Church, the specialist needs to interact with the congregation and staff (meeting with individuals and groups on multiple occasions) to ensure that the resources produced are pertinent to the contemporary Australian context with some emphasis on younger (Teen and University age) Australians.
The candidate would need to have as a minimum, the following qualifications and attributes:
- Masters in theology with a preference for an undergraduate science degree
- Advanced studies and knowledge of the Genesis text, world religions, philosophy, ethics, logic and apologetics
- Ideally 10 or more years experience in church and/or para church environments, including experience with youth
- Advanced document processing and publishing skills
- Ability to manage and hold several formal group meetings to perform formal research to identify gaps in knowledge in order to shape and develop the intended resources for the congregation
- Ability to work closely with church staff and presbytery members for direction on ministry input for the resource.
It is estimated that the assignment should take between three and possibly up to six months in a full time (1.0 FTE) capacity based at the church office.
The contract will comply with the Fair Work Australia requirements.
The candidate would receive a pro rata salary of between $65,000 and $75,000 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience and will be required to work a standard 38-hour week. The salary package will include all statutory allowances (e.g. leave, sick), while superannuation will be paid at 10% of the gross salary. Further detail will be provided and agreed with the successful candidate.
Please address your application to the following by no later than 5pm (AWST) 3 April 2020:
Westminster Presbyterian Church Maida Vale Inc.
105 Watsonia Rd, Maida Vale, Western Australia 6057