As a church we have a number of small groups that meet at various times in the week and for various reasons. These are a wonderful opportunity to get to know one another in community, and to be challenged in our relationship with the Lord. Some of the benefits include:
- a smaller, intimate group of people who know your needs and can pray and support you on a weekly basis
- a group to become accountable to as you seek to grow in your relationship with the Lord
- being encouraged and equipped together in God’s Word as it is opened and explained
- being loved and cared for in a way that is not possible in the larger Sunday gathering
- having an opportunity to be trained and to use the gifts the Lord has given you for service in ministry
So if you haven’t already joined a group, why not take a closer look at the Bible studies and the other meetings that take place on a regular basis at the church?
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.